Stan Bearden Law Firm
HELPING YOU GET APPROVED!
YOUR LAWYER MUST KNOW SOCIAL SECURITY LAW - Mr. Bearden has the knowledge, experience, and skill that is necessary to get you approved for Social Security Disability benefits. He has handled Social Security cases since 1995! This area of law is very specialized and requires a lawyer who knows Social Security law inside and out. Social Security Disability law was created by the federal government and it has established the laws and procedures that govern this practice. For instance, there is the Social Security Act, Regulations, Rulings, Agency Manuals, Memoranda and Opinion Letters. There are numerous federal appellate court decisions. Unless a lawyer regularly practices Social Security Disability law, the odds are that they are not ready to step into a Social Security Disability hearing. Rest assured, the judges expect all lawyers to know what they are doing and will be quizzed on their theories of the case and the documents in the record that support it. Lawyers must know what they are doing or they will get embarrassed. An experienced "Social Security" lawyer is essential to winning your case.
TITLE II AND SSI - There are two types of Social Security Disability. Title II disability is for those who have worked at least five out of the last ten years prior to becoming disabled. Basically, if you have worked five out of the last ten years, the federal government gives you insurance for Title II disability benefits. If you have not worked five out of the last ten years prior to becoming disabled, then you are not insured for Title II benefits, but might qualify for SSI under Title XVI of the Act. Title II benefits pay better and they are not based upon need. SSI benefits are based upon need, thus, the Administration will look at your assets to determine if you qualify financially. The definition of disability is the same under both programs, that is, the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.
TYPES OF CASES - Mr. Bearden has handled hundreds of cases involving both physical and/or mental impairments. Some examples of physical impairments include herniated disks in your neck or back, worn out knees or other joints, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Crohn's & Colitis, Diabetes Mellitus, Neuropathy, Seizures, Stroke, Heart Attack, Cancer, Blindness, Kidney and other organ failure. Some examples of mental impairments include Depression, Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Anxiety Related Disorders, Organic Brain Injury, and Mental Retardation.
DEVELOPING A SOLID GAME PLAN - Mr. Bearden will work with you one on one and develop a solid game plan to win your case. Every case must be carefully analyzed. After you have received your denial, you will come to Mr. Bearden's office (if able) to complete your appeal. If you have been turned down once (first step), then the second step is to file a Request for Reconsideration. If you have already been turned down at Reconsideration (second step), then the third step is to file a Request for Hearing in Front of an Administrative Law Judge. Mr. Bearden will do all of this for you. He will ask you for the names and addresses of all of your treating physicians so he can obtain any missing medical records and get them to the Social Security Administration. He will need a list of medications. He also has special forms for your doctor to fill out and complete. He will also talk to you about your disabilities, your limitations, your past work experience, your medications, your education, and the things you go through that prevent you from working or would cause you to lose your job over time.
GETTING STARTED - To get started, simply contact Mr. Bearden. You can call, text, or email. He will briefly discuss your case with you and give you an honest opinion as to whether he can help you win it. If he can, then he will arrange a meeting either at his office, at your home, or at a neutral place to complete the appeal and sign the necessary paperwork. There is no fee unless you are approved.
ATTORNEY FEES - Once approved, the Social Security Administration will pay you 75% of your past due benefits and they will pay Stan the other 25% of your past due benefits. This fee is set by federal law. There is no fee if you are not approved.